Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Parks, Parades, and Play

Summer has been fun so far!
Lately I've been staying close to home to play
especially when it was raining, and raining, and raining!
On days like that, Daddy and I like to play cars!
But on sunny days, its off to the park!
On this particular sunny day, it was hot enough
to go "naked" as I like to call it. Mommy just calls
it "shirtless" but I think "naked" sounds more fun!
Learning how to use the big swings!
Watching the ants eat my picnic leftovers!
We also went to the DM Arts Festival.
It was HOT!
I was able to pose for mommy...
and make a really awesome hat!
Mommy has also let me stay up past my bedtime
a few times to do fun things like catch lightning bugs!
Here they are in their cage after spending the night in my room.
Mommy told me I had to let them go back to their
families outside. Goodbye bugs!
I have also become a fan of the "big park" in Slater.
This is where I'll go to school when I'm 5.
( in the school building, not the playground, silly!)
I found a "hidey-hole!"
I TOLD you it was the BIG park!
The 4th of July was a little soggy but we
still made it to the parade.
Mommy...
Daddy...
wet dog!
There were LOTS of wet dogs in this parade but
I'd have to say my favorite parts were the fire trucks!
Now, when Mommy and I aren't feeling like traveling,
we have great fun with my new sand and water table!
It is lots of fun AND a friend magnet!
I've already made 4 new neighborhood friends with this thing!
With all this playing, I must restore my energy and how do
I do that? Why, with ICE CREAM!Couldn't you just kiss this face!?
Please kids, don't play with matches!
I'm gonna need some back up here!
Maybe the jaws of life... I've got tape stuck to my face!
Hope you are all enjoying your summer!
Peace out!
Lane

No comments: